Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Sowemnwy Swear. . .

This article made my week.

It immediately reminded me of a news report I saw about a theme park in Beijing that shamelessly uses popular American and Japanese cartoon characters in its "theme park." I know most people will say that there are more important things in the world than who's using Mickey Mouse to make a buck, but its time these counterfeiters learned a lesson.

My favorite part is the mother who wonders why Disney is the only one who should be allowed to use Mickey Mouse in its theme park. It's not that these are just shady, unscrupulous people, but they really have no appreciation for what intellectual property is. The counterfeiters should be taught a lesson and future generations should be better educated.

Jason

No comments: